Cell phone that is. It's the law people, and in an effort to avoid the whopping $20 fine, I got a headset for my cell phone. Well don't believe the packaging that says "Fits all cell phones" if you have a RAZR phone, because none of them fit. Not even the ones on the verizon website that are listed under RAZR phones as being compatible. I know, I've bought 3 different ones now. They're only compatible if you saved the random looking do-hickey that came in your RAZR box. We bought our phones over a year ago, and after much digging, I managed to locate one of the do-hickeys. We had to order another one from Motorola for $15!
Anyway, so I'm finally legal. Well I don't know about you, but this hands free thing is making me a much more dangerous driver than I ever was with my hand on my phone holding it up to my ear. I didn't go the bluetooth route because that kind of stuff that close to my brain wigs me out, so the earpiece plugs into the same place as my car charger. Do you see the issue yet? If the phone rings, I usually have to unplug the charger, plug in my headset, get the phone answered AND drive the car. It's too much. And not safe.
I know the easy answer would be to have the headset already plugged in, but who can remember to do that before I start the car. And with gas at $5 a gallon, I'm not cool with idling while I plug in my headset. And I know another easy answer would be to take the phone inside to charge it, but frankly just herding Grant past the broom and into the house through the garage takes both hands.
So if you call my phone, and I don't ever answer it, it means I'm in the car. Leave a message and I'll call you back on my home phone. How 1990 is that?
And why is it legal to text message but not talk on the phone? Whose bright idea was it to not include text messaging in the law?
Monday, July 14, 2008
Hands free on the phone
Posted by ~Melissa~ at 2:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment