CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, April 9, 2010

Skiing, take two

After the disaster that was my birthday ski trip, Dad and I tried again today. We went to the same resort, partly to use my free rental voucher, and partly because he wanted to get a season pass for next year.

Determined to get fitted with correct boots, boot fitter guy and I went through 3 pairs of boots before finding a pair that fit correctly. Ski fitter guy asked me if I wanted demo skis and I almost said "Duh!" but really said "Yes!". So I had boots that fit and smoking rad skis.

And I skied my little heart out. It was an incredible day on the snow - not because the snow was great (it was a little heavy) but because the company was great, the weather was great, and my equipment was great. Any concerns that had been lingering about my skiing abilities after last month we gone as I glided down run after run.

Dad and I made a plan for the whole family to spend a long weekend together next winter so my kids and Hubs can get some lessons under their belts while my brother, dad and I ski, and my mom and niece have snow ball fights and make snow angels. We've named it Weekend 2.5.1. Short for 2 grays, 5 reds, and a brown.

Whew, that still makes me laugh out loud.

0 comments: