CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, March 5, 2010

A day of firsts

I went skiing with Dad and my brother today. Which isn't the first time. We skied at a big huge awesome resort. Which isn't the first time (although the first time in a reeeeeeallllllly long time). We were skiing because it was my birthday. Which isn't the first time.

It was, however, the first time in my dad's super cool new car. It's like a comfortable computer on wheels. It's pretty rad.

It was the first time I was given a men's size 8 boots instead of the equivalent of a women's size 8 boots.

And, as a result of that equipment malfunction, which didn't get figured out until mid way through the morning, I had my first ride off the hill on a snowmobile. Not because I was hurt, but because ski patrol wanted to make sure I didn't get hurt. The snowmobile ride was crazy awesome. And crazy fast. And crazy scary. But awesome.

My legs were so exhausted from skiing in the wrong boots that even an extended lunch break after I went back to the rental office to get correctly sized boots (and it turns out shorter poles) didn't give me enough rest to ski the rest of the day. So, as a result, two more firsts. First time getting off the mountain before the lifts close for the day. And first time riding a lift down the hill while my dad and brother skied down.

And, the last first of the day, first time getting a free rental to compensate me for the not so rad ski day.

0 comments: