It's that time again! Last year was my first year pulling it together for an Advent calendar and Emma loved it. So tonight I'll be pulling it out, stuffing the cubbies, and tomorrow we'll get started with the festivities.
Here's my plan for the month, 25 activities for 25 days. A mix of Jesus and Santa that equals December fun!
1. Color a Santa page
2. Nativity stickers (I found some on an endcap at Target, by the greeting cards) We're starting with a dark blue piece of paper and adding more and more stickers each time until we have a completed nativity scene
3. Read part of the Christmas story (I cut it up into pieces and will stuff the pieces into 6 different cubbies)
4. Make a handprint wreath (trace handprints onto red and green paper and glue around a white paper plate with the center cut out. Hang with ribbon.)
5. Choose a Christmas tree as a family
6. Read part of the Christmas story
7. Nativity stickers
8. Enjoy the children's Christmas concert at chruch
9. Read 2 Christmas books while snuggling as a family on the couch
10. Color a reindeer page
11. Drive around and look at lights
12. Make a gingerbread house
13. Read part of the Christmas story
14. Nativity stickers
15. Make a decoration for the tree
16. Color gift tags
17. Read part of the Christmas story
18. Color a snowflake page
19. Drink hot cocoa with all the fixings
20. Read part of the Christmas story
21. Nativity stickers
22. Bake Christmas cookies
23. Admire all of our Christmas cards
24. Leave cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer
25. Finish the Christmas story and add the Jesus stickers to the Nativity scene
Monday, November 30, 2009
Advent Calendar time
Posted by ~Melissa~ at 4:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You rock, Woman! Thank you for your inspiration. I knew I didn't want to get the $0.99 chocolate-filled calendar from TJ's again, but didn't know what else to do. I think a pre-Bible study run to Target is in order tomorrow morning. Thanks again!
Nice job Melissa! I was wondering what to put in ours, it is our first year with one. I am trying to post on my blog each day what we did to keep me accountable. Today we baked cookies for the great grandparents and the elderly neighbor and are praying for each of them before we deliver our special treats. Thanks for the inspiration, the boys are so excited!!
Post a Comment