Grant got stung by a bee today. First bee sting for either kid. It landed on his ear, and just as I was running over to him yelling "NO STOP!" he swatted at it, it stuck to his hand, he rubbed his hand on his shirt, it stung him on his palm. I got to him just as he started screaming and shaking. Hubs ran over to see what the commotion was just as I grabbed Grant's hand, flipped it over, and saw the HUGE stinger poking out of it. Hubs yanked the stinger out and I clamped my icy water bottle on Grant's palm. He was shaking and screaming and crying. All this hysteria from a normally not hysterical child really showed how painful it was and I just bear hugged him until the pain subsided and he stopped shaking.
After everyone had calmed down and was happily swimming in the pool (this all happened in my mother in law's front yard), I realized that's the first time one of my children has been really really hurt. We've been blessed with health and no major accidents. I also realized just how much it hurts my heart to see one of my children hurting so badly.
So the plan is for bee stings to be as bad as it gets from here on out.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Pain in my heart
Posted by ~Melissa~ at 7:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Glad he was ok. I hate when my kids get hurt.
Post a Comment