CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Christmas around here is never predictable. And today was no exception. Our Christmas officially begins on Christmas Eve, when we start our festivities at Hub's dad's house. Emma spent most of Christmas Eve day running around saying "Tonight is Christmas Eve night....I LOVE CHRISTMAS!" I was ready - the gifts were all wrapped, the Santa gifts had been bought, the trike was assembled, we were ready to party.

Then, as Emma is saying good night to Hubs for her resting time, she asks Hubs what he's asking Santa for for Christmas. Hubs and I had already agreed not to stuff each others stockings, and if Emma asked, we'd say Santa stuffs kid stockings only. So he tells her he's not sure what he's asking for, and she reminds him that last year he asked for a bottle of wine and a wine magazine. Which was exactly what was in his stocking last year. So much for not stuffing each others stockings this year. Off I go to Target at 2:30pm on Dec. 24th to buy stocking stuffers for Hubs and for MYSELF. On the drive over, I decide if I'm stuffing my own stocking, I'm getting something good. So Santa graciously brought me a cute little shirt and new sunglasses!

We had a great time at my father in law's house, the kids had fun with their cousin, we had a tasty dinner, it was a really nice evening.

Then Grant barfed all over his new Christmas clothes and new Elmo book. And barfed again. And again.

As a result, he spent most of the night awake. Not barfing, as he'd announce each time I walked into his room (he'd shake his head no and say "bawf"), but instead probably pretty hungry.

So hungry in fact, that when he finally woke up (at 8am, poor Emma was a total trooper snuggling in bed with us while we waited for him to wake up), he had ZERO interest in his shiny new bike from Santa. Zero interest in his stocking. Zero interest in anything but eating. And eating. And eating.

Emma got some princess roller skates and a bright pink dress up dress from Santa, and proceeded to drag her roller skates all around town, and wore them for most of the day. She was also excited to see the Belle and Ariel toys you can dress up that we gave her. I have an awesome picture to prove it too.

Grant perked up after his box of Cheerios and wore out the bell on his tricycle, roared with some of his new dinosaurs, and checked out his new car garage. He read his new "How do Dinosaurs" books during his breathing treatment.

We spent the rest of the day with Hub's mom and brother, and then my parents and brother. We had a great brunch and a casual dinner. The kids are clearly well loved and cherished by their grandparents and aunts and uncles. We came home with a car full of goodies for all of us, and a heart full of love from a day full of family time.

Tomorrow morning my mom and I hit the mall for our yearly tradition of shopping together on Dec. 26. Hubs is being a trooper and I'm not expected home until little kid bedtime. Awesome.

0 comments: