I've decided it's time the kids stop living for free around here. I put Grant in charge of vacuuming the hardwood floors and Emma in charge of wiping down the bathroom. Grant missed a bunch of places, so we're going to have to work on refining his technique to ensure he vacuums the entire house instead of his current helter skelter way. Emma broke my toothbrush holder, but in her defense it is really heavy and her hand was wet. She did an awesome job of scrubbing the toilet, and I loved NOT scrubbing the toilet. We finished off chore hour by putting away laundry. There was much complaining about this task, until I pointed out if they didn't put their clothes away, they wouldn't have anything to wear. They got right to work!
So it's my plan to continue with semi regular chore hour. And to have them put their clothes away every week no matter what happens with other chores. This has the potential to be a beautiful thing.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
I'll call them Cinderella
Posted by ~Melissa~ at 8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment